Information about Sending Gifts to Philippines
The Philippines is a sovereign island country in Southeast Asia situated in the western Pacific Ocean. It consists of 7,107 islands that are categorized broadly under three main geographical divisions: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The capital city of Philippines is Manila and the most populous city is Quezon City; both are part of Metro Manila. The nation's large population and economic potential have led it to be classified as a middle power. It is a founding member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and the East Asia Summit. It also hosts the headquarters of the Asian Development Bank. As such Manila is a business bub in its own might and is a place where social and business gifts are
Gifting Do’s and Don’ts In Philippines
- Giving gifts, particularly flowers and food, is especially popular in Filipino business culture. Moreover, exchanging gifts is an essential step in solidifying business ties.
- Gifts of greater value include dinner at a fine restaurant, whiskey for men, and perfume for women.
- When invited to a Filipino home, bring a gift of flowers, candy or chocolates. Another option is to arrange to have these items sent before your arrival.
- Send a thank-you note afterwards; another small “thank-you gift” is also a thoughtful gesture.
- During certain family events, particularly baptisms, it is customary to toss a handful of small coins to any children present.
- At weddings, guests will sometimes use pins to attach money--typically bills in small denominations--to the clothing of the bride and groom.
- Avoid bringing alcohol or heavier foods as these gifts may imply that the hospitality is inadequate.
- Avoid being so extravagant in your selection that your gift is perceived as a bribe.
When is the right time to send gifts to Philippines?
Personal occasions or business occasions aside, the key festivals or holidays in 2016 for Philippines are:
- New Year’s Day-Friday, January 01
- Chinese New Year-Monday, February 08
- Eid'l Fitr-Thursday, July 07
- Christmas Eve-Saturday, December 24
- Christmas Day-Sunday, December 25
- New Year’s Eve-Saturday, December 31
How to send gifts to Philippines?
Gifting to your near and dear ones in Philippines is easy with GiftsnIdeas. Our website offers a vast selection of crafted gift baskets, cakes, chocolates, flowers, and more. As one of the first and best international gift shops online, we have the variety, fast delivery, and customer support you need to let your loved one know you’re thinking of them.
With us, it’s easier than ever to find and send gifts. Across regions in Philippines we’ve built a wide network of local gift shops and work with them to bring the best-quality gifts to your recipient. Whether you’re living within Philippines and sharing a great gift or letting someone know that you care overseas, we can help you send gifts online today!
What to gift for various occasions?
- Valentine’s Day – Assorted Cookies Tray, 18 Mixed Long Stem Roses… and, more…
- Chinese New Year – Lunar Festive Hamper, Seven Wonders… and, more…
- Birthday – Glowing Rays of Golden Petals, Delicious Treats… and, more…
- Anniversary – 10 white lilies bunch, Flowers in the Attic… and, more…
- Corporate – Flowers flight of success, Orange Roses and Cake… and, more…
- Him – Flowers in the Attic, Lovely Triple Combo… and, more…
- Her – Bear with Heart-Shape chocolate, Bear Hug Bouquet… and, more…
Price Range from lowest to highest
Php 700 – Php 8,000