"Gift" is an emotion. When you gift someone something, you not only show your care and respect towards them but also gift them a piece of memory to cherish for a long time. So, while choosing a gift, choose wisely! Gifting is not an easy task. As it involves considering a lot of factors like- likes and dislikes of the recipient and of course the occasion for the same. More often than not, there is a lot of confusion involved before you buy the right gift. One such occasion is the retirement of one of your colleagues or your boss. Wondering what could be the best possible gift in such a situation?
Here are few suggestions for you to ponder over, take a look:
- Flowers: The most traditional yet most elegant gift you can give is a flower bouquet. The advantage of going with such a cliché gift item is that you have a wide range to choose from like pink and red roses or a bouquet of bright yellow sunflowers or bunch of multicoloured daisies or pink Asiatic lilies and the list can go on and on.
- Chocolates: Chocolates come in different shapes, sizes and flavours. A basket full of chocolates can look heavenly to a chocolate lover. If the person who is retiring is fond of chocolates then this can be an ideal thing to gift, like or British chocolate basket or dark chocolates and the like. Consider flavours like coconut, caramel and mint too.
- Cakes or Cookies: Cakes suit every kind of occasion. And the same holds true for cookies. So, if you are still in a dilemma to get cakes or cookies or both as gift, then how about gifting cookie-cakes! You can also take your pick from flavours like red velvet, blueberry cheese cake, black-forest or dark chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and the list can go on.
- Go Healthy: Who does not want to be healthy? Who does not want to follow a healthy regime? Gifting something healthy also shows you care for the person. A basket full of different sort of fruits can be an awesome thing to consider as a gift.
- Coffee Person or Tea Person: Once you know your boss or colleague who is going to retire is going to enjoy most of the days sipping on hot cups of coffee or tea, then a gourmet coffee or tea basket can be the perfect gift. A coffee basket might consist of latte, mocha, and other exotic flavours while the tea basket will contain a variety of teas like green tea, ginger tea, lemon tea etc.
- Spa kit to Pamper: Pampering is a great way to enjoy post retirement days. What if you can gift the retiree a spa kit full of bath and body spa lotions, essential olive oils, brushes, candles etc. to show him or her that now is the time to relax? What a great idea!
- When Food Is Life: If you know your boss / colleague goes gaga over gourmet foods like nachos, chips, salamis, dips, sausages, cheeses etc., then gift him a big basket of savoury snacks! He can enjoy it for quite some time.
So, get ready to choose that perfect gift for a boss or colleague who is retiring and show how much you care and will remember him or her. You can never go wrong with the above options.
Looking to send flowers, chocolates or cakes to a colleague who is retiring? Place an order with us now!