Christmas is one of the merriest times of the year. You know its holiday season when little red canes and wreaths can be spotted on streets as a part of the festive season's decoration. Make sure your home too looks festive and welcoming by decorating it according to the holiday season. Spread joy, cheer, love and good wishes, and send gifts that the recipients will cherish. Here are some Christmas decor and gift ideas for 2018 that you can try out. They are not overtly expensive but perfect for expressing heartfelt messages.
- Add a dash of cuteness to your Christmas tree with a ruffled tree skirt at its base. A plain tree skirt works absolutely well but you can also opt for ones with glitter and sequins.
- Decorate little painted pine corns and Christmas ornaments in separate glass vases. Place these on the centre table or any other part of the house to give a feel of the season in a minimalist way.
- To achieve a country chic look, replace the decorative electric lights with candles. Choose candles in different shapes and sizes but in a uniform color. Whites work the best for this look.
- Ditch the Christmas tree entirely and opt for alternative options. Try arranging any tree branches in the shape of a Christmas tree to get a silhouette of it. Decorate these with small lights. This is ideal for homes that do not have space for a Christmas tree.
- Add wooden ornaments / decorations for a rustic feel.
- Arrange fresh flowers like chrysanthemums and dahlias in vibrant shades of orange, red and pink for a war, gorgeous look. You can also go for multicoloured gerbera daisies or roses.
- Gift customised items for couples for Christmas. Monogrammed gifts for couples are a big hit like a pair of romantic cushions, a pair of coffee mugs, or a beautiful photo frame.
- Handmade gifts are another great option that people love. You can create soaps or candles or bake cookies. You can make a hamper out of these handmade things to gift your loved ones. Or send them a delicious cake or gourmet gift basket through a reputed online store.
- Don’t want your friends and family to exchange the gifts you get? Ensure by gifting them something that they love. The best thing to do when you have someone who is not easily pleased with your choice, is to get them gift cards and let them shop for whatever they like.
- Perfumes are a classic option that everyone loves. If you know the favourite fragrance of the recipient, it’s even better. Gifting a spa basket with bath salts, lotions and scrubs is a great idea too.
- Gifting customised Christmas tree ornaments is also a trending gift idea which is a hit among most people. This will remind them of you every Christmas while hanging these decorations on the tree.
You don’t always have to go overboard with spending for Christmas gifts for friends and families. Even small gifts can have a large impact if they are thoughtful and show how much you love them.
When it comes to Christmas decorations, make sure you don’t mix up décor styles and stick to one style at a time in a room. Use the above decoration ideas for your homes, depending on the theme you choose and your budget for the same.
Planning to order flowers, cakes or chocolates for Christmas? Place an order with us for timely delivery!