Information about Sending Gifts to The UAE
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) established in 1971 is a federation of 7 emirates. They are Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain. Islam is the official religion of the UAE, and Arabic is the official language, although English is widely used. The UAE is a diverse society with a high per capita income and has extensive diplomatic and business relations with all leading countries in the World. So gifting is very much a norm across the Emirates.
Birthday Gifting Do's and Don’ts
- Keep the age in mind: Gifts should be age appropriate. Pre-teens, adolescents and adults each have distinctive ways of assessing a relevance of a gift. So plan accordingly. There is nothing written in stone. In fact, most of it is good old common sense. Pre-teens love stuff they can eat. Young girls like stuffed toys and cakes. Adults like things that make them feel special – an emotive appeal etc.
- Spend right: A birthday gift is about fitting in. You are not out there to overshadow and be ostentatious; this is all the more true if you aren’t a part of the immediate family. An uncle who sent his 12-year old niece a box of Godiva chocolates with a warm, and affectionate note will be much more welcome in the family than the one who sends her a 800$ dress. You simply don’t want your gifts to inculcate the wrong sense of financial values in the recipient
- Include a meaningful note: Gifts are given by well-wishers. So wish them well. Please don’t write an email or a SMS. Instead a hand-written note with the right message will ensure that you are remembered long after the gift is consumed or used. What should the note be? Well, it can be small and, yet substantial. Say something like a resolution to do well academically or to exercise right or to maintain a positive attitude. These are the things that stay in the recipient’s mind for a long time.
Don’t gift durables: Oh that is so passé! Almost two-decades old. Trust me, the birthday boy could do without a watch, especially when you notice that most of them use their smartphone in any case to tell time. And the girl could do without another toaster or handbag. She probably will spend more time and money exchanging it for a better model or color. Keep it simple. Gift the usual suspects – cakes, flowers, chocolates and Teddy’s that continue to be cool even now and yet inspire that sense of comfort of oneness.
Don’t overspend: Gifting is about give and take. When you send a gift the unwritten assumption is the recipient knows that she / he has to reciprocate similarly when your birthday happens. So think right. Don’t send a $1000 gift knowing pretty well that you are putting undue pressure on the recipient to reciprocate with a gift of similar value. This consideration on your part is absolutely essential.
Don’t sweat it: At the end of the day, you wish that the recipient lives long and celebrates many more birthdays. So don’t feel tense. At GiftsnIdeas we have over 200+ gifts that you can select from. They cater to a wide variety of tastes and wallets. Visit our gift guide, select an item that suits your budget & taste and we will take care of the rest.
What do you gift on a Birthday?
- Lovely Triple Combo
- A Delightful Discovery
- Treasured Roses
- Handful of Surprise
- Basket of Full Chocolates
- Delicious Black Forest Cake
- Red Roses Combo and, more…
How to send gifts to The UAE?
Gifting to your near and dear ones in The UAE is easy with GiftsnIdeas. Our website offers a vast selection of crafted gift baskets, cakes, chocolates, flowers, and more. As one of the first and best international gift shops online, we have the variety, fast delivery, and customer support you need to let your loved one know you’re thinking of them.
With us, it’s easier than ever to find and send gifts. Across regions in The UAE we’ve built a wide network of local gift shops and work with them to bring the best-quality gifts to your recipient. Whether you’re living within The UAE and sharing a great gift or letting someone know that you care overseas, we can help you send gifts online today!
Price Range from lowest to highest
AED 90 – AED 600