Information about Sending Gifts to India
India is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-largest country by area. Following market-based economic reforms in 1991, India became one of the fastest-growing major economies. It has a rich tradition of social and business gifting.
Gifting Do’s and Don’ts In India
- Indians love bright colours as they signify happiness. Therefore, you might like to wrap your gifts in bright red, yellow or green colours.
- Sweets, flowers, fruits are given as gifts during major festivals.
- Should you give money to an Indian, make sure that it is in odd numbers. For example, give $11 or Rs11 instead of $10 and Rs10. Odd numbers are preferred since they are believed to be luckier.
- Avoid giving frangipanis [a kind of flower popularly used by Hawaiians to make leis] as flower gifts, such as in a hamper or bouquet. Indians use this flower only for funeral wreaths.
- Do not present Hindu Indians with gifts of food containing meat especially beef.
- Hindu Indians do not use cattle products. Leather products of any kind should not be presented as a gift.
When is the right time to send gifts to India?
Personal occasions or business occasions aside, the key festivals or holidays in 2016 for India are:
- New Year’s Day-Friday, January 01
- Pongal-Thursday, January 14
- Maha Shivratri-Monday, March 07
- Holi-Thursday, March 24
- Tamil New Year-Thursday, April 14
- Bengali New Year-Thursday, April 14
- Idul Fitr-Wednesday, July 06
- Raksha Bandhan-Thursday, August 18
- Janmashtami-Thursday, August 25
- Ganesh Chaturthi-Monday, September 05
- Onam-Tuesday, September 13
- Ayudha Puja-Monday, October 10
- Vijaya Dashami-Tuesday, October 11
- Dussehra-Tuesday, October 11
- Deepavali-Monday, October 31
- Id-e-Milad-Monday, December 12
- Christmas Day-Sunday, December 25
How to send gifts to India?
Gifting to your near and dear ones in India is easy with GiftsnIdeas. Our website offers a vast selection of crafted gift baskets, cakes, chocolates, flowers, and more. As one of the first and best international gift shops online, we have the variety, fast delivery, and customer support you need to let your loved one know you’re thinking of them.
With us, it’s easier than ever to find and send gifts. Across regions in India we’ve built a wide network of local gift shops and work with them to bring the best-quality gifts to your recipient. Whether you’re living within India and sharing a great gift or letting someone know that you care overseas, we can help you send gifts online today!
What to gift for various occasions?
- Valentine’s Day – Chocotreat, Choco-flower Medley… and, more…
- New Year – Cookies Treats Gift Tower, Chocolate Fusion… and, more…
- Birthday – Basket of Full Chocolates, Treasured Roses… and, more…
- Anniversary – Assorted Dates Stuffed Luxury Gift Box… and, more…
- Corporate – Delicious Black Forest Cake, Ferrero Rocher… and, more…
- Him – Summer Evening, Lovely Triple Combo… and, more…
- Her – Red Roses Combo, A Ultimate Bouquet… and, more…
Price Range from lowest to highest
Rs 470 – Rs 8,000